Re: Europa-List: outrigger wheels

Subject: Re: Europa-List: outrigger wheels
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:44:59
Jim...nuthin like an endorsement by someone who's had some real
experience...thanks for your comment..I'll hang onto my set of
Performa wheels...just in case.

 =46rom my armchair, I got to thinkin about those wheels...after
ordering a set of Performas, by chance I happened to notice that it's

the same wheel used on the carts at Costco, a use where robustness and

maintenance (and cost) were doubtless considered.  Still, the forward

speed for those carts can't be more than 2 mph, and at the time I
believe I figured that our outriggers were spin up to approx. 5000 rpm

at TO and landing speeds if memory serves...a very different
performance environment...that realization made me look further.

I do know of two mono drivers who swear by their skate wheels...so
there's doubtless more than one way to skin this cat...

Fred
A194
still a'buildin