Re: Europa-List: Full Panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Full Panel
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:14:35

Tony, The thought occurs to me to wonder why anyone would want a full width
panel these days? The only possible reason I can think of is to house a
1960s array of steam aged instruments with a separate dial for everything,
both navigational and engine monitoring. But with such great EFIS & engine
management systems available now which save space & weight and allow you to
spend much less time with your head in the cockpit while still having enough
capacity to safely fly IMC, why not keep the undoubted benefits of a parcel
shelf?
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ