Europa-List: Europa parts supply - 'Handling fee' warning.

Subject: Europa-List: Europa parts supply - 'Handling fee' warning.
From: flyingphil2 <ptiller@lolacars.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:55:30

Hi,

I'm not normally one to do this but I'm quite incensed and so need to warn other
builders about the current Europa policy.

I've had cause to order a new tailplane Torque Tube from the factory.  This is
the new design to get around the tailplane play issues.  On receipt I was rather
alarmed by the weight penalty (and increase of 52%) and on reflection I would
rather now source an original torque tube and fit the clamps (as I originally
intended to do).

I asked if I could return the item and have a refund from the factory.  I can
but
there is a 10% handling fee involved for this - 50 in my case.  Apparently
my returned item would need dimensionally checking prior to sending out again.
Fair enough point maybe but these costs can be waived if you risk losing future
custom over it.

On the basis that I don't want to pay Mr Stanbridge another penny ever again,
I'm
going to keep the tube and accept the weight penalty.   Other builders may
want to be aware that this is the current policy.

David, this is a free public forum and I'm sure you will want to respond to this
and please do.  Looking through the Europa list of recent issues and grumblings
though I really think you should be looking after your customers more.

"Don't bite the hand that feeds you" is always an interesting motto.

Phil

Read this topic online here: