Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa door shoot bolts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa door shoot bolts
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:53:51

> When a door open on a Europa or a Liberty, there is an excellent
> chance that the door will cleanly depart the airframe as has happened
> several times. There is a theoretical, but so far unseen possibility
> that the departing door will hit the empenage and damage an
> airfoil or control.  That is not a nothing event!

To prevent this happen I have 4 x microswitches and green/yellow leds to warn
unengaged
shootbolts.
Those leds are just in sight and it is almost impossibe not to see those yellow
ones.
During T.O.  I check if the ASI is operative and the leds are just beside it.

Secondly, some of you may remember the pip-pins which secure the door levers to
the door lever guards to prevent human errors (= unintentional inflight door
opening).

Raimo OH-XRT