Europa-List: Europa throttle cables

Subject: Europa-List: Europa throttle cables
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:55:34

Hi Jeff,

I had a minor problem with distortion/buckling of the original stranded
throttle cables and changed to wire 2 years ago. I forget now why I was
not happy with the original cable sleeve material but I replaced the
outer Bowden sleeve with ACS item 05-15500 and used 0.062" piano wire.
To connect the wires to the throttle handle cross bolt, I used AN111-3
cable bushings. The wire was formed round the bushings and secured with
safety wire and epoxy. At the carb levers, I used the standard
components. It has worked fine. As you can see in the photo, the wire is
just slightly bowed with the throttle wide open

Cheers, John
N262WF