Europa-List: Liberty XL Service Bulletin for Canopy Shoot Bolts

Subject: Europa-List: Liberty XL Service Bulletin for Canopy Shoot Bolts
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:08:08

Hi All,

I found this recent document on the US NTSB website.

It seems Liberty has had a few (6) A/C lose doors in flight, just like
the early Europas (at least I have not heard of a door flying off
in flight in several years).

These episodes,the NTSB says were all apparently due to improper
shoot bolt deployment into the rear socket and failure to check
by crew.

Since the Europa latch system is quite similar, we may have a lesson
to learn here at someone else's expense!

Does anyone have any comment?

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: