Re: Europa-List: Re: 912S installation pictures

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 912S installation pictures
From: mau11 <mau11@free.fr>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 11:51:59

Thanks Ira,
I am interested to see the upper part of the engine and connection to the
cooling
air baffle if you have pictures??
Thankd

21-02-2010

mau11

De : rampil
Date/heure : 16-02-2010  15:24:37
A : europa-list
Cc :
Sujet : Europa-List: Re: 912S installation pictures

I am not certain I understand what you are looking for.
In my more or less standard factory design installation of my 912s
there is only the aluminum dust from the lower cowl large entrance.
In my case I have modified this radiator cooling flow by bolting a
rectangular aluminum plate to the bottom of the lowest radiator forward,
horizontally to the point where the plate (about 50 thou) touches the floor
of the duct, i.e., the bottom cowl.  The purpose of the flat is to force
the airflow through the radiators instead of through the existing gap
between the radiators and the cowl.
Rotax has a "cooling baffle" which is applied to the top of the engine
and is designed to redirect air flow from the frontal air apertures down
through the cylinder cooling fins.  It does not connect to the bottom duct,
unless someone has gone experimental.  The baffle is probably
not useful for 912s installation which tend not to overheat in Europa's,
but rather for the 914 which is otherwise prone to overheating.
--------
Ira N224XS
Read this topic online here: