Europa-List: wheel removal

Subject: Europa-List: wheel removal
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:41:47
<<<<<<<<<< remove the wheels on my tri gear to grease them for the
annual. >>>>>>>

Danny,

I suppose you want to grease the ball bearings, right?

My question is: why is it recommanded by most aircraft manufacturers  to
grease wheel ball bearings every year, which for a typical 100 hours/100
take-offs/100 landings represents only about 200 rolling kilometers (125
miles) while I can drive my car 1000 times more than that distance
without ever having to service the bearings ?

Remi Guerner
F-PGKL