Re: Europa-List: wheel removal

Subject: Re: Europa-List: wheel removal
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:08:37
       Photo E-mail   Play
slideshow<http://photos.msn.com/Viewing/Album.aspx?PST=8nK2AN1B!1LEiKSd
ooxx9v4CFFiF2tnPWP2mfc7Vl*vdGbNcQ0NkYi144wncyT0lExXEcs8uImtasoRQsuFkHw%24
%24> | Download images
<http://photos.msn.com/viewing/Photos.aspx?pi_Type=SlideshowTask&Task=
Download&stppData=&pi_ImagesOnly=1&Folder=nBuRgwTGIGjZPMtNhxCyPhYLU
BR*bYP2OXi3JKkJddg%24&User=23IQaj7Z2BRqNO1wUECSpX*P0Ju9hSGI&pi_NoLogin=
1>
Danny,

It is a 12 step process.  Like any airplane addiction.
I use a piece of steel that is 7/8 inch diameter (just fits in the
hollow axel of the main) that is about 16 inches long.  A piece of 1/2
ID steel water pipe would work just as well.

Steps:
1  Remove the cotter pin from the castle nut.
2  Insert the pipe/tube/bar.
3  Using a scissors jack or 1.5 ton floor jack, raise the wheel an inch
or so.
4  Loosen the nut and pull the wheel and bearings out onto the pipe.
5  Put a suitable wood block (I use a couple of short 2x6s screwed
together) under the exposed axel.
6  Lower the wheel assembly.
7  Remove the jack and wheel.
8  Service the wheel/brakes as needed.
9  Insert jack tube and wheel assembly and jack just high enough to
remove the wood block.
10  Clean and lube the axel.
11  Insert wheel assembly.
12 Replace nut and washer and tighten nut and brake disk and safety IAW
the manual.

<http://photos.msn.com/Viewing/Album.aspx?PST=8nK2AN1B!1LEiKSdooxx9v4CF
FiF2tnPWP2mfc7Vl*vdGbNcQ0NkYi144wncyT0lExXEcs8uImtasoRQsuFkHw%24%24>

Hope this helps.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations
US Europa Dealer