Re: Europa-List: Suberuopa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Suberuopa
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:14:47

On Feb 18, 2010, at 5:41 AM, Kevin Klinefelter wrote:

> That looks awesome. 140 HP!

Kevin...in truth, the 140 was the claimed figure for RAM's 115 hp
engine w/ the dual porting; dyno reading for my engine showed 144 hp @
5500, with 153 ft lbs torque @ 4000 rpm, but those tests were without
the PSRU attached...doing so undoubtedly incurs some losses.

> I sure hope you can balance this bird.

I think the balancing act will turn out fine...ya gotta be an
optimist...I'll keep the "list" appraised of course. I've worked to
tuck the engine a bit further aft than the 9XX...my port valve cover
is nestled into the scalloped area of the footwell...that
helps...some. The "wet" engine weight is claimed to be 176 lbs...but
that figure cannot include both exhaust and cooling systems since they
are not provided. I've yet to hang the engine on a scale.

> Maybe you you should put those radiators in the tail!!

I'll take your explanation marks to mean you aren't being entirely
serious...but in fact I had considered such a thing...for now, I'm
focused on keeping them upfront.

Fred