Re: Europa-List: Suberuopa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Suberuopa
From: Bob Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:36:28

Fred,

Very impressive rig.  140 ponies, should make'r git up and go.

Lotsa mass up front there though.  How 'bout the radiator mounted in an
underside
duct aft of the wheel well ala P-51.  Help move the CG aft a bit.  Might even
get a few pounds of thrust out of it (like the P-51) if you design the
diverge/converge
sections right..

Too bad you can't put the radiators in the wing roots like the Spitfire.  They'd
fit right in with the Spitfire wing root fairings!

What are your plans for a prop?  An engine like that just begs for a C/S prop to
take max advantage of the available HP & torque.  Is there one available for
a backward turning prop?

Keep up the good work,
Bob Borger

On Wednesday, February 17, 2010, at 08:24PM, "Fred Klein"
<fklein@orcasonline.com>