Re: Europa-List: Diesel Europa tri-gear MG?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Diesel Europa tri-gear MG?
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 14:04:09
Dwight,

That's quite a laundry list...sounds like you might be getting a bit
heavy...t'would appear that you'd be doing some serious cloud-street
soaring to meet your range target...though, as you may know, a short-
wing Europa has encircled the globe...

Every now and then there's a seller who, for liability reasons, wants

to sell his plane w/o an engine...then you could re-engine to suit and

spend some spare time building a set of long wings...consider your
appetite for pioneering...you'll want to have a hearty one...then
again, if you want to be a builder, start w/ an airframe kit...only
one or two Europas w/ diesels as far as I know.

I know of no one who is actively pursuing a BRS install...

Good luck,

Fred