Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Flap Operation

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Flap Operation
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:29:48

Hi Pete,

I am curious about your comment that the trike needs 20 (essentially full)
flaps selected for takeoff.  That does not match my experience, which
addmittedly is not huge and 99% on hard surface, but includes 256 hrs,
and over 600 landings or T&G.

I use flaps with measureable salutory effect when the DA exceeds 2500',
and then I only use 10 degrees. Without flaps and a DA < 1000', I am usually
passing
50' altitude by 1000' of runway (no pax of course), and
climb rate at Vy usually exceeds 1000 fpm comfortably.

Can you please tell us more about your experience in why need flaps for
takeoff?

Happy New Year,

Ira

--------