Re: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Flap Operation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Flap Operation
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:04:24

Hi Ira,

Blame me for that, not Pete.
I usually fly with a passenger ( hope he has not put on weight over
the holidays ), and am at max weight,
also with the 2 of us the C of G is near the front end of the
envelope. This may explain why to me the take off
goes better with more flap. I've tried no flap take offs, but the
ground run seems longer.
Years ago Jim Thursby suggested full down aileron and matching the
flap to this, I took this to be about 20 degrees, but perhaps that is
not the case.

Dave A061