Re: Europa-List: Tailplane balance mass

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane balance mass
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:50:05

rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us wrote:

> I don't know where your CG
> comes in at, but if you are tending towards nose heavy, perhaps consider

Probably not. I have the batteries (2 x PC310) under the bagage bay, and
a heavy fixed (mandatory) ELT behind the D-panel. If it turns out that
I'm still nose heavy, I will move the ELT as far away in the tail as
neccessary to get into the desired range. Then I have found at least one
usefull purpose for the ELT. ;-)

Your solution is nice, but only if you otherwise have to fly around with
useless weight in the tail. It will cost more weight to balance the
tailplanes by making the leading edge heavier, instead of adding weights
to the balance arm.

Frans