RE: Europa-List: Tri-gear Jamar brakes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tri-gear Jamar brakes
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:40:42

Hi! Frans.
If you are filling oil from the bottom,(that is with the bleed (filling)
nipple at the bottom, as you say air rises so there will not be a pocket of
it in the slave cylinder top, you will expel all the air out of the master
cylinder. If the bleed nipple is at the top of the slave cylinder and you
are trying to expel air downwards and back to the master cylinder it won't
oblige!
You are actually NOT using it as a "bleed" nipple in this application you
are using it as a filling nipple to expel the air upwards and to the master
cylinder.
Hope you understand? Exasperating isn't it ?
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG