Europa-List: VAT status for European touring

Subject: Europa-List: VAT status for European touring
From: Glenn Rainey <nimbusaviation@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:06:04

Hi folks. My posting is triggered by the useful article from David Joyce in the
'Flyer' Sept 09 concerning ops in Europe - but I throw this open to others this
side of The Pond - this concerns the smaller patch of water on our Eastern
shores.

One subject maybe overlooked (did I read David correctly?) is documentation
needed
for a Permit aircraft crossing the channel specifically to prove the VAT
(purchase
tax) status of an aircraft. I know the Yachties are already finding some
enthusiastic customs checks in France and elsewhere and I have heard of 'ramp'
checks for aircraft, with risks of being impounded if VAT cannot be proved
paid. Any opinions? Do we need to have documents - Bill of original Sale - to
prove VAT paid on a KIT aircraft, along with all the other stuff, Permit,
Permissions,
Insurance, Radio Licences, Gen Dec .... ....

Glenn Rainey
912 Mono G-OJHL Co-Owner
Cumbernauld
Scotland