RE: Europa-List: VAT status for European touring

Subject: RE: Europa-List: VAT status for European touring
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 14:26:24

Hi! Glen
In the absence of anyone more qualified giving you an answer I would advise
:-  some time ago ...like 7 or 8 years ago ...I recall that an oversized
French Bureaucrat started to play Hitler on this issue. However I don't
think anything came of it. I have flown to all places Europe over the
interceding period and never been asked to provide any proof. If that does
occur I will have a well prepared instruction to give such a person!
I think the best approach is not to give the impression they are entitled to
even ask because if you do it is tantamount to authorizing them.
I haven't seen David's item but I'm guessing it emanates from our
experiences on the Europa Club trip to the Ballerics when we were delayed
wanting fuel over an issue since we couldn't provide a VAT number in
particular in Jerez where a "thick gorilla type fuel operative" wanted a
number to put into a "box" on his fuel issue papers. In future I will carry
such a number!
Fortunately we were all in a position to leave without any, making
appropriate comments that they should put the fuel where the "sun don't
shine!"
Don't worry about it just go and when they nail a notice to your aircraft we
will respond by invading them en mass!
I had a ramp paper work audit done once ....I believe in Munster, we were
returning from noise tests being done by MT Propellers and the bloody
Gestapo had the audacity to tell me that the German documents I was carrying
were worthless since they referred to a British registered aircraft!
On contacting the CAA on my return THEY refused to convert the documents
since they don't have a noise certificate form for Permit to Fly aircraft!!!
"Enough said"!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG