Re: Europa-List: Finally: The accident report Wels, 22.08.2008, Wels

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Finally: The accident report Wels, 22.08.2008, Wels
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:44:29
Austria

Jos
19 degrees would be normal for a fixed pitch prop I would have thought,
depends on blade area but  a Warp Drive blede would be around 19 deg.
Graham

josok wrote:

> Posted here:
> http://www.europaowners.org/viewtopic.php?p=24760#24760
> Copied from faxes and in German, sorry. If somebody interested and German
> speaking
would be so kind to do a summary in English?

> For me the most intriguing statement, in my own translation: "Based on the
> position
of the adjustment rings on the propeller blade A, it could be established,
with help of the manufacturer respectively it's documentation, that the blade
angle at the time of the crash was at minimum pitch, that is 19 degree. "

> Now my question to the forum is: Should the plane not be flyable with that
> pitch
on the prop, taking in account that the speed had allready dropped to 50 knots?