Europa-List: turbo control motor switch

Subject: Europa-List: turbo control motor switch
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:18:00
        Is it me?
        In aligning the switches and allowing for spares etc., I came across
an admonition to interrupt the wires #14 & #2 'twixt turbo motor and control
box with an ON/OFF switch. It is not provided but allows for a shut-off of
the automatic adjustment of the gate in case it goes wild....
        I went through the Europa installation book of words and found no
mention of same, but the Rotax install manual brings it up in one small
sentence.
I missed that.
        Then I began to read back, and found the MAIN 914F manual page 213/
1997/02/01- the harness chart - and no interruptor switch there either, but
it's on the electrical circuit diagram on Installation page 74(? - I'm away
---From paper).
Obviously I used the wrong source from time to time and neglected the
pursuant pages when setting up. The 'structions say a guarded or protected
switch is needed.
        Just a precaution..........
Cheers, Ferg