RE: Europa-List: Mono Brake Bleeding

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mono Brake Bleeding
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 00:01:09

Tony=2C

There seem to be various techniques. The only thing that worked for me in t
he end (I have a trigear)=2C was to :

a)  move the bleed nipple from the top to the bottom position.

b)  then submerge the nipple in brake fluid in a container. That way no air
 can enter again

      from the bottom.

c)   fill up the reservoir and pump the brake. keep filling and pumping unt
il no more air
      bubbles are coming out. With someone's help this procedure is very ea
sy. Close the

       bleed nipple. Then do the other side.

I was amazed by how much air was expelled.

I tried all the other tricks=2C like filling from the bottom up etc.=2C but
 didn't have much success.

Karl

> From: tony.bale@virgin.net
> To: europa-list@matronics.com