Re: Europa-List: Fw: Europa 4-seater

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fw: Europa 4-seater
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:34:07
Craig, you are right!

I am able to take out 10 kilos but problem is my wife - she is just
perfect now and changing her for lighter one just for flying with
children does not make sense.

MTOW 658 kg: that is for +3,8G with speed 133 knots.
Flying carefully below 700 kgs is OK IMHO.

I have seen two XXL-size englismen flying around w fully equipped Europa
and they had all kind of heavy camping stuff omboard. Claimed no
problems and their MTOW was only 621 kgs.

Flying 1 hour also means your landing weight is about 12 kgs less
because of used fuel.
In my mind controlling C of G is the most important think for safety.

So, they main problem is that children are growing taller every single
day!
I think the comfortable hight limit for the back seat passengers in
Europa is at or below 150 cm /59 inches.
That means western girls=B4s age younger than 12 years - so I have max 4
years time for whole family fying by Europa...no bubble roof window for
the back seat passengers!

Your baby - how old is she/he? She/he will love flying with you. Look at
the attached pic - during those days they were 1 and 4 years young. They
were sleeping but that is only because Cessna flights were so boring.

I remember early days when Europa announced to have two back seats for
children but never heard later.

Raimo OH-XRT