Europa-List: Gas strut end sockets

Subject: Europa-List: Gas strut end sockets
From: p-a.austin <pa.austin@xnet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:50:58

 > Yoy may find that the metal ones do not fit onto the "old" type of gas
> strut. I had this problem having bought metal ball ends.
> I eventually used a small piece of locking wire, twisted around the
> plastic
> socket end and the ball, which prevents the ball and socket from
> disengaging. My "old" struts and balls are still in use and working fine
> with this fix.
> Regards
> John

The metal sockets and ball were an upgrade from Europa they are far superior
to the old plastic ones, but be cautious, they are slightly longer than the
original and the Strut can bottom out before the door is closed, mine did, I
ended up having to cut a little off the end of the socket and retap.

Peter