Europa-List: Gas strut end sockets

Subject: Europa-List: Gas strut end sockets
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:21:52

Although it is summer, temperatures are still unusually low here in the
Netherlands. So when I had to bond something inside the cockpit, I put a
small heater in it to get it cured. Temperatures went up to almost 40
degrees Celcius (which is just a tad over 100 F I think).

After this, the gas struts started to pop out of their ball fittings. I
got plastic end sockets with my kit.
The temperature during the curing of the epoxy was way lower than you
could expect during a summer day on the tarmac, so I guess this problem
must not be uncommon.

On the Europa website, I saw that they also offer metal end sockets. Has
anyone experience with these? Would that be a cure for my problem?

--
Frans Veldman