Europa-List: brake line fitting

Subject: Europa-List: brake line fitting
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:55:36

Hi guys...

By any chance, can anyone give me the size of the brake line fitting
which threads into the master cylinder?

I'm wanting to switch out the Europa-provided master cylinder and
lever for a Harley-Davidson lever/cylinder which would mount on the
control stick which requires a 10 mm fitting on the end of the brake
line; I'd like to continue to use the Europa-provided brake line.

FWIW, the H-D part # is a 45013-93A (lever/master cylinder) along w/ a
#45044-82 (clamp for a 1" dia. handle), and also requires two #4015
(bolts); quoted price was $169. and change.

This component weighs 1.5 lbs. I went looking for alternatives after
being quoted $375. for the HOPE mountain bike unit, the price seeming
to be a bit over the top.

Thanks,

Fred
A194