RE: Europa-List: brake line fitting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: brake line fitting
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:42:07

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link to the MDO Aircraft brake fitting. It seems to be
just what I am looking for. I have never been very happy with the
standard brake master cylinder set up on my mono and this appears to be
quite elegant. For those who need help with the French, Babelfish gives
the following translation which can be decoded fairly easily.

MASTER CYLINDER OF BRAKE TO THE HANDLE Weight: 265 G Price: 184 (1207
FF) Envisaged to be gone up vertically on the handle, it comprises one
tank integrated to optimize its obstruction. A device of blocking makes
it possible to fulfill the function brake of park Its assembly is easy
using a support which makes it possible to fix it on handle.
APPLICATIONS: This master cylinder is particularly used on mono
apparatuses coils (Europa or sailplane); he equips also the machines has
combined caster for which directing braking is not necessary. BODY:
Built out of alloy 5754, C `is a part entirely machined in the anodic
mass then. It is reamed has a diameter of 12.5 mm in order to realize an
optimal reduction with clamps MDO PISTON: Out of light alloy high
efficiency, (7075 A), it receives one anodization lasts which enables
him to support a great number of operations under constraint. The
sealing is entrusted has a set of cups in assembled EPDM out of tandem.
TANK: Integrated into the body of the transmitting cylinder, it forms
integral part of the unit. It is equipped with a visible gauge of level
with outside. LID: Out of light alloy (2017 A) anodic of red color, it
is provided with a joint and an opening of vent. BRAKE OF PARK: After
the pressurization of the circuit by the lever the main thing, an
eccentric has hand drive operation comes to immobilize it in its
position. A simple news pressure on the lever releases it its thrust.

By the way on another subject, I have now flown 53 Young Eagles in my
trusty Europa. See http://www.eaa.org/youngeagles/

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina