Re: Europa-List: Classic Exhaust

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Classic Exhaust
From: Bill Henderson <europabill@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:24:29

That's what I had planned to do.  Then found Bob Burbe with an XS exhaust
that I though would work.  Also picked up a trailer from him that was
missing parts that I fixed.  Muffler was too big for Classic cowling.  Sold
it on Ebay and broke even.  Then decided to try and find a used one I could
either use as-is or as a pattern to build my own.  Found one in Austria in
good shap (Klaus Dietrick) and was going to get it for around $215 with
shipping but he later found out it was too big for the post office and the
shipping went from  $70 to a whopping $250.  Guess I'm cheap.  Couldn't see
paying $250 shipping for a used exhaust that was $140.  Tried to get him to
cut the pipes so it would be small enough to mail.  Told him I could easily
weld them back, but he wouldn't do it.  Go figure....

Now on to plan B or C or D........

I'm getting closer though.  Let me know if you run across a cheap prop
anyone might have.  Guess I'll start with a Warp Drive when I find one for
the right price.  I would as Bob Borger what he's going to do with the one
he bought, but from the looks of his first prop he might need to keep it as
a spare....

Did you make it to Sun'n'Fun this year?  I went planning to spend the week
and was so disappointed with the show, new parking fee, and the lousy hotel
I stayed in that I left after the 2nd day.......