Re: Europa-List: Coolant core question - "Aw shit"

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant core question - "Aw shit"
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:34:42

Hi Paul

Forget Redux, it will be way soft at 212F.

will go as far and say "every" europa that flys away from home
should have JB KWIK with them! It takes 4 minutes to cure and TG is i
think ~350F.
see:
http://www.europaowners.org/modules.php?set_albumName=album290&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

i am not suggesting to make a repair on your radiatior with it,
but if you had a pinhole leak and plenty long runway.....

As
far as your repair, first off have you ever seen Katana installed radiator
on Europa? If you were ever thinking on cooling mods and it included a
radiator change....

As far as a repair, if the tube is
aluminium I don't think you would want to weld it, aluminium brazing rod
and a patch??

First go visit a radiator repair shop, many autos
use aluminium. Also go visit a refrigeration and air conditioning place,
try and go in back door, I knew a guy who was god when it came to such a
repair.

If it looks like a repair that needs welding, I have a
Hobart TRT250 TIG welder, would give it a go. Best find out precise what
type of aluminium alloy and what is suggested welding rod to be used from
Roger. I would purge inside of radiator with argon to keep weld from
getting contaminated.

If youchoose the patch route, again first
suggestion is patch and aluminium braze, if you must use adhesive, a super
clean joint and patch and JB Weld (not the KWIK but red and black tube) 8
hour cure has aI think 550F TG. Make adhesive as thin as you can and
patch very thin.

Good Luck

to see "AWE", not "Aw"!

Ron Parigoris