Re: Europa-List: Any ideas how to aid instrument panel hardware alignmen

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Any ideas how to aid instrument panel hardware alignment?
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:44:40

On May 15, 2009, at 12:02 AM, rparigoris wrote:

> Any ideas on how to make a ramp/guide/shelf near lower mounting to
> aid installiation would be appreciated.

Ron,

If your question concerns facilitating alignment of bolt holes when
positioning the instrument panel module, you might consider (after
bolting the panel in place) making some splash molds along the port
and starboard underside between module and fuselage sides. The module
would rest on these as you install the module and push it forward into
place...simple, out of the way, light weight.

Though I've beefed up the forward flange and installed about 10
vibration/isolation bolts, you raise an issue I've yet to
address...not sure how big of a concern it will be...

Good luck,

Fred

--
believed to be clean.