RE: Europa-List: Re: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:11:31

For what it is worth for the discussion, which I have not followed closely:

If you use the standard Europa supplied restrictor in the fuel return line
---From 912S, the return flow is an amazingly high 10 liters (approx) / a
little less than 3 USG per hour even with full fuel tank pressure head on
the return line.
I use a Flowscan (don't have the type at hand) in only the supply line.  For
instantaneous fuel consumption reading I have a valve on the return line
that I close.  The reading then drops about 10 liters/hour after it has
stabilized (takes a few seconds due to the design of the engine driven fuel
pump).  The flow reading is accurately calibrated.  I close the valve only
at level flight at low to medium altitude to minimize the risk of vapour
lock.

Svein
LN-SKJ