Re: Europa-List: Brake Fluid

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Brake Fluid
From: pjeffers@talktalk.net
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 03:38:16

 Hi Jeff,
I presume from the fact that you refer to Kart components, that you are talking
about a Mono Wheel Europa, or a Tri gear with toe brakes.
If the Mono, then both Master cylinder and brake unit are fitted with seals that
are compatible with Dot 4 or standard automotive fluid.
If Tri gear, then the brake units ( which are different to the Mono) need dot 5
or aviation type fluid. The Kart Master cylinder in this case will have been
supplied with replacement seals to make it compatible with the brake unit.

I hope this helps.

Pete Jeffers?? 1,300 hrs and rising!!!