Re: Europa-List: What magnitometer location have you chosen?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What magnitometer location have you chosen?
From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:02:20

Also have Dynon D10 plus remote sensor which is installed in ceiling
panel as far back as rear hinges allow. No disturbance from P1/2
headsets unless occupants are sitting in an "artificial position"
with their heads leant across to the centre line of the a/c when I
get an error of about 1 degree.

That location requires a bulge in the ceiling panel to allow the
magnetometer to be level fore and aft.

A bonus of putting it here is that achieving a level installation in
the roll axis is quite easy to achieve because it is close to the
reference locations on the bottom door sills.

Wherever you put it, it is well worth a very careful compass swing to
calibrate it as well as possible.

Hope that helps.

Willie