Europa-List: What magnitometer location have you chosen?

Subject: Europa-List: What magnitometer location have you chosen?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:39:22

I have a Dynon D10A with remote magnitometer and am looking for a location
for it.

Last night I borrowed Waynes sailboat compass and
placed it on ceiling between door hinges. When pilot gets in with headsets
on, it swings bout 1 degree. When co-pilot gets in with headsets on it
swings another 2 degrees for atotal of 3 degrees.

What location
have you chosen for remote magnitometer?

If between door hinges
what deviation do you find? I have Lightspeed 30G headsets.

Thx.
Ron Parigoris