RE: Europa-List: Re: Fuel sender etc.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Fuel sender etc.
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:07:25

>> Tony, perhaps you can share your knowledge about the device with me,
along with pros/cons? If so, please send me an email.

Feedback for my system from existing users has been very positive and
installation is relatively easy.

It does require insertion of the pressure sensor into the fuel sight
gauge pipe and a rerouting of the sight gauge vent to ensure that the
vent outlet and the sensor air pressure side are at the same ambient
pressure.

I don't make a fully assembled version or kit of parts available so if
you do want to use one you either have to be able to build an electronic
circuit or find someone who does.

It requires a PC to perform the calibration though this process is quite
simple.

As an ongoing maintenance check I am recommending that the pipe on the
air side of the pressure sensor is made out of clear hose and that this
should be examined at 25 hour intervals or at annual maintenance
whichever comes sooner for presence of fuel droplets. Any fuel droplets
here indicate a failure within the pressure sensor seal and will
necessitate replacement of the pressure sensor. The sensor recommended
has shown itself to be good for Avgas and mogas so far but with various
fuel mixtures now turning up around the world this check is worth
implementing.

I will post the new design on my website soon now that the new chipset
is in production.

Regards

Tony