Re: Europa-List: Constant Speed Props, etc.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Constant Speed Props, etc.
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 01:49:12
Fred,
See my other post to Paul.
I agree about the Warp Drive Blades.  Even in the longer blade lengths
it is not the best blade for altitude.  I find them very good in the
7500 to 9500 foot range for our aircraft using 100 Hp engines.  It is
not a perfect world.  The Kiev blades appear too long also.  Ergo, my
fear is the blade will be less efficient when trimmed for our plane
unless those pesky Russians remake the blades for us as you normally
can't whack a hollow blade prop to length.

Maybe VDM will make a smaller version of the  Me109 blade for our use.
Anybody know them?

I never thought of myself as skeptical, just cautiously
optimistic...(Sarcastic humor through years of training though.)  Bottom
line testing will tell.  I'm excited about the near future, but patient.

Bud