RE: Europa-List: Monowheel outrigger double downlock spring mod

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Monowheel outrigger double downlock spring mod
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:09:55

Hey Fred=2C thanks.  No negatives yet and provides a warm and fuzzy feeling
 on short final that all is well.  I also replaced the

original nylon legs with MDS filled nylon legs purchased from McMaster.  I
am experimenting with 1/4" longer legs to reduce the

rocking even more.  Now there is no wing rocking at all until the TW is lif
ted and then its only there for a couple seconds before

rotation.  Much improved on landing as well as soon as the main is down=2C
the OR wheels are down as well preventing any side

eload to the legs but they become HIGHLY loaded if

any side to side weight transfer starts up with the standard length legs.
I really like it so far and can taxi up to 45 mph with

no rocking whatsoever but YMMV.

                                                                    Glenn