Europa-List: Flap position, flight testing

Subject: Europa-List: Flap position, flight testing
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:06:23
Kevin'
        I won't be the first to suggest it, but wonder if it's so badly out
of sorts - when two-up it's only 'slightly' left-handed. This to me means
it's not very far away from trimmed. In that case, why not attach a short
bungee to the front of one side of the seat, and a jam-cleat to the stick
(up a few inches). Then when it's two- up, pull the bungee to the jam-cleat
and jam it. It is easily re-adjusted until comfy.
        When solo, release and pull harder and jam. Yes, it'll fly a touch
sideways but if not far from trimmed then it won't be an efficiency problem.
I flew a DC9 for several years and then found the starboard wing was 8
inches shorter than the port. It sat right in the middle of the fleet
consumption curves.....
Ferg