Re: Europa-List: Flap position, Flight testing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap position, Flight testing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 20:05:13

On Mar 5, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Kevin Klinefelter wrote:

> I have a flap position question for those who have been there.

Kevin,

...jus sittin here in my armchair, so I am not one of "those who have
been there"...but I would suggest that, prior to cutting any metal or
replacing any parts, you get your bird back in its cradle, level it
up, and very carefully measure everything relevant, cross checking
---From several reference points, and attempt to determine any deviations
---From symmetry. Check again with your control surfaces in the position
you observe for straight and level flight; measure again. Going thru
this exercise could be revealing; when combined with your observed
flight characteristics, I would think it would point you towards
potential fixes and you could choose the one most easily accomplished.

Good luck,

Fred
A194

--