Europa-List: Intercooler hoses

Subject: Europa-List: Intercooler hoses
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:40:59
Frans,

problems to handle this <<<<<<
SCAT hoses are not designed for handling any pressure. Max relative
turbo pressure is around 0.6 bars. I agree this is not very high but I
would not use SCAT for that pressure.

I do not think so. If the hose downstream of the turbo blows out, then
the airbox pressure sensor will sense the cowling ambiant pressure. Then
the  TCU will widely open the waste gate so that the turbo tries to
provide more pressure. Without any back pressure, the turbo will
overspeed and possibly fracture with the associated consequences: oil
leak and fire.

I would not use anything other than glassfiber reinforced rubber hoses
similar to what Rotax uses to connect the turbo to the airbox.
Hope that helps.

Remi Guerner