Re: Europa-List: Intercooler hoses

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Intercooler hoses
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:38:57

Frans Veldman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone in Europa had succes in obtaining the two hoses to connect
> the intercooler? Nobody seems to have them, and all internet sites that
> have them don't deliver outside the USA.
>
> I noticed that SCAT-hoses nicely fit over the turbo and intercooler
> connections, and are lightweight and flexible enough to make the tight
> curves necessary. The turbo pressure is not very high, the hoses should
> have no problems to handle this. And these hoses are not a really
> critical component anyway.
>
> Any thoughts about this?
Frans
there is a problem with SCAT and SCEET hoses. They are not very robust
and if there is any suction in the system the inner fabric can
delaminate and block the hose. There have been one or two accidents
caused by this with Lycosaurus types.
Engine breathing is certainly critical to continued safe flight
Graham