Re: Europa-List: Cooling Shroud

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling Shroud
From: Michael Grass <m.grass@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:39:00
Jeff,

Looks nice. Please put me on the list.

Michael Grass
A266 Trigear
Detroit
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: JEFF ROBERTS
  To: europa-list@matronics.com
  Sent: 2009-02-09 20:01
  Subject: Europa-List: Cooling Shroud

  HI All,
  After dealing with the uneven cooling issues under the Europa cowl,
and after looking at how all the new LSA planes are cooling the rotax, I
decided to make a cooling shroud or baffle as rotax calls it. I know
something like this came with some of the Kits but not mine. After
seeing the RV-12 at KOSH I decided to call Lockwood to see what one
would cost. We'll the rotax version was $900 + US dollars. So I got the
clay out and started making one. It turned out quite nice. All the air
---From the right intake will be funneled up a 2 inch scat tube to feed the
thing.
  After talking with Jeff B. of Baby Blue fame he thought it would be
nice if we could fashion a mold for anyone else wanting one. So before I
start the process I thought I'd test the waters on this list. Here is a
picture of it. Jeff & I thought if we made such a mold that we could
send it around to others wanting to lay up such a shroud. A mold would
be a lot easier than the process I went through to make this so if you
are interested let me know. Jeff gets first crack at it but we could
send it on from there. All interested parties please respond back and
we'll see what we can do. It seems to me that better and more even
cooling will make a happier engine.
  Best Regards,

  Jeff R.
  A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 176 hours and down for the annual, Mod 71
and a lot of others.

-----