Re: Europa-List: GPS NMEA data transfer to the autopilot

Subject: Re: Europa-List: GPS NMEA data transfer to the autopilot
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:30:11

Ramio,
You will need a satellite signal to test it. Mine wouldn't work with
the GPS in it's simulation mode. I too have a trio and it works great
but... I had a lot of intermittent trouble of losing the GPS NMEA
output signal. After changing out the head of the autopilot and the GPS
and all the wiring and flying without it for months it became apparent
that I needed a ground. The instructions said if your GPS power is
coming from the plane then you didn't need the ground for the auto
pilot signal. But I think they we're just so use to putting these
things in metal planes.
Anyway I take my signal from an av-map 4 so it's NMEA out was a yellow
wire only. Once I ran a signal ground everything worked perfectly.
Get it working because the product is a very good and the support from
them is even better.

Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 176 hours and climbing slowly. Down for
annual and mods.