Europa-List: GPS NMEA data transfer to the autopilot

Subject: Europa-List: GPS NMEA data transfer to the autopilot
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 20:34:34

All who have been there

I am just now connecting my autopilot (Trio) to GPS (Garmin 296).
Doing it in a hangar - no seenable satellites.

Question: when GPS is in a simulation mode, is there NMEA 0183 data out then?

I have tried data out 1 /violet wire /com 1 and data out 2 /blue wire /com 2 but
"No GPS" message in autopilots display. Tried also all the possible NMEA
settings".

Any ideas? Should I find an oscilloscope? Cannot go out to find real
satellites...

Thanks, Raimo
OH-XRT