Europa-List: Re: Bouncing Mono Classic

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bouncing Mono Classic
From: FelixH <felix.hofmann@trinity.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:13:00

Dear all,

it is interesting and reassuring to hear that I am not the only one finding it
a challenge to land the Europa bounce free! I have only very recently converted
to the Classic monowheel. Thus far in the 15 or so hours I have flown I had
one really bouncy landing from which I had to go round. The rest were okay.
In general the landing were fine as long as I remembered to hold off long
enough,
making sure the tailwheel touches the ground slightly before the mainwheel
and the stick is kept hard back once on the ground.  Flying from quite a bumpy
grass airfield with some quite large undulations running across it doesn't help
either.

Be very interesting to hear from anybody else with tips for landing!

Cheers, Felix

Read this topic online here: