Europa-List: Re: A/C paint other than white

Subject: Europa-List: Re: A/C paint other than white
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:46:11

Hey Ron,

It was a stock 914 you bought, not a Predator variant right?

I was flying in your neighborhood last week with an OAT of -15C at
8000 msl.

As for top altitudes, I do not recall seeing a published number, but that
should be part of your flight test program. Most people call it quits
at the DA where ROC100fpm.  The true top is where Vs = Vy and
ROC is =0, but given that it take infinite time to reach, and the tank
holds less than 3 hours at max power, you will not get there.

In my test flying with a 912s, at 11000 DA, I was still climbing at > 400 fpm,
and I did not push further. Based on the rate of climb decay, I'll
guess the service ceiling for my plane is around 14k DA

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: