Europa-List: GRT EIS problems

Subject: Europa-List: GRT EIS problems
From: rick <rick@amimotormanagement.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:24:58
Hi Guys

I've just had similar problems. Fluctuating oil pressure, low reading EGT
and low voltage indication.  My CHT and voltage fluctuations only occurred
above 20 or 25 degrees C CHT!

Jerry Davies suggested multiple problems and he was right. The oil pressure
switch was faulty (They often wear out internally at 200 odd hours or so if
left in the Rotax position. However they are five minutes to replace) and I
had one wire in my port CTH sender corroded. This was at the junction of the
wire and the sender.

Replacing the Oil Pressure switch sorted the pressure fluctuation but didn't
affect the other two problems.

What happens with the CHT is that where the two dissimilar wires are twisted
together at the sender one, made of non coated steel wire, sometimes
corrodes and the other doesn't sending back dodgy voltage indications to the
EIS.  Cutting the wires back 40mm and reconnecting them to the sender solved
both the EGT and the voltage errors.

Both Gerry Davies at Lyndhurst, the UK agent, and Sandy at GRT couldn't have
been more helpful.

Hope this helps.

Rick

G-RIKS