Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids =?ISO-8859-1?Q?EIS-2004_Ques

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: Grand Rapids =?ISO-8859-1?Q?EIS-2004_Question?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:24:16

It is almost certainly a faulty oil pressure sender.

We had the same problem which affected a number of the other readings. We
have one of the older Grand Rapids units but the circuitry is likely to be
similar.

Once we changed the oil pressure sender the problem went away.

Its also worth checking the connection to the temperature sender as this can
work its way loose and vibrate. Best soultion is to solder the sender wire
to the brass connector on top of the sensor - make sure the wires are well
supported or the solder joint will eventually break - a coating of silicone
bath sealant will fix this. If you need to disconnect the sender in future
just leave the solder joint and cut the wire 3 inches upstream and make a
repair to reconnect (or use a bullet connector).

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS