Europa-List: Induction Air

Subject: Europa-List: Induction Air
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:04:55
Hi All,
While I have Gold Rush in for the winter annual I'm considering some
cowl changes. Including closing off the upper NACA use for induction
air on the 912-S and using the lower starboard NACA normally used for
the 914 induction. I seem to remember someone else using that for carb
intake and under cowl carb heat. I'm going to use the same air plenum
with the same filter as now but I will fabricate a side intake to
attach to the top of the plenum and a 2 inch scat tube coming up from
the below NACA. My question is this. I already have the inlet plumed
for this 2 inch tube and not a lot of room to increase it to 3 inch. My
concerns is if the 2 inch would be enough for both carbs. Has anyone
else done this with the 912-S and if so what size of tube did you use?

Best Regards,

Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 175 hours and climbing slowly cause this
winter if frickin could & wet for Tennessee ;o(. Must be al's global
warming!