Re: Europa-List: Retractable Landing light or LED

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Retractable Landing light or LED
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:26:10
Jeff,

is it so that folks in the advertising world trust more new gas lights?
Me too.
I have two Hella Xenons, port-side-one is a taxilight and middle one is
for landing.
I have been very happy with them.

Leds are brilliant but there are some problems like heat which is poison
for them.
Anyway - I am plannnig to update my navlights to leds.
I have now Whelen made ordinary glow bulb navlights w/o strobos.
They are OK but they draw totally 98 watts and that is laughable with
Rotax altenator
because like to use them all time flying.

Wishes, Raimo
OH-XRT 98hrs20min
Finland
www.rwm.fi