RE: Europa-List: Importing a Europa to the USA

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Importing a Europa to the USA
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:48:25

Hey Robert=2C I just called the local FAA DAR in the north Denver area=2C T
erry Edwards and he says no problem.  Just
get it here any way you can and he will just run it as a new US registered
experimental with a US N#.  He will do
the inspection and you will get a new US airworthiness statement with a tem
porary flight limitation just like all new
US built experimentals receive=2C fly off the 40 hours and your'e good to g
o.  You will not be able to carry passengers during this 40 hrs.  Cost $450
.00 US.  There will be no further inspections except the annual condition i
nspection=2C usually around $150. You can call Terry yourself 303-817-3745.
  Very nice fellow.

                                                        Glenn

From: roberthatton1@googlemail.comTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: Eur
opa-List: Importing a Europa to the USADate: Mon=2C 5 Jan 2009 20:35:12 +00
00

I am looking to import my UK based Europa to the USA. I know there will be
a =93right way=94 to do this=2C and wonder if anyone can provide any advice
?

Any advice and information anyone may have on shipping to the USA=3B any su
ggested port to ship to=3B what has to be done to the aircraft from an FAA
perspective to make the aircraft legal in the USA=3B and anything anyone ca
n think of to help me in this process would be extremely useful.

I have not yet contacted the local FAA office yet=2C I thought I would try
and find out as much as possible that I could first.

Robert Hatton
email: roberthatton1@googlemail.com
UK Mobile: +44 79 66 184171
US Mobile: +01 303 906 9395

It=92s the same Hotmail=AE. If by =93same=94 you mean up to 70% faster.
http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad
1_122008